Welcome

Hi and welcome to my brand new blog. I'm a complete novice at all this so please bear with me whilst I get to grips with it!

Monday, July 12, 2010


The writing is tiny....although that might not be a bad thing as I'm not too happy with the words. This is my first time doing something like this so I suppose I've got to just start somewhere and not expect anything too amazing this early on. I've been at a loss as to how to get my creativity going again for the past year or more. So here goes!

The idea of the plaits/braids really appealed to me - the triple strands, the overlap, the orderly mixture of the hair. I wanted to make some connection between that and life. Not sure I managed to accomplish that though.

The words say "We are all intertwined just like plaits".

6 comments:

  1. Like it! I especially like the suggestion in the picture that the T shirt says ME ME ME - which, obviously, sets up a tension with the message on the plaits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and of course it's a bit like what the Celtic cross makers and gospel writers were exploring. Perhaps they thought unending plaited patterns suggested eternity - but they also suggest interdependence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiddly business. In Scotland they call them pleats, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea I love the way that you have combined the words with the photograph

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best on the bus ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title of your blog. I'm not Sylvia Plath (I have a poem that says so).

    I also love the words intertwined. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete